Monday, June 20, 2011

Funky French Burlap Purse

So i have been sewing for my Gabriel and decided i wanted one
of those awesome Burlap French Themed Purses.. Actually i 
wanted a smaller version that i could throw on, carry only my
necessities and i wanted it long (like messenger length).. sooo
Jae & I found burlap at Joanns bought some to experiment 
with..  No pattern.. i cut out the size i thought would be best,
found a vintage damask that matched and thought it would be
a perfect lining..  then cut a inside pocket..  then i found my
fluer de lis & other stamps and stamped the front.. loved it!
(seal with sealer), then i got my bins out and wanted vintage
trim.. viola!!  vintage tuxedo ruffle! yea!, a vintage rhinestone
button, vintage grosgrain ribbon,new velvet ribbon, rope for the
strap and silver rings to attach the strap to the bag, 
And i have quite a cute little bag!





 messy stitching!! i know i was tooooo lazy to change the bobbin! lol


No comments:

Post a Comment